Whilst pondering the G20 summit, which has seen mass riots, musical chairs, zombies and very little if any serious discussion, it is worth taking a snapshot of how the US government has been cultivating relations with the globe of late. Spearheading their advance as ‘leader of the free world’.
- The US rejected a joint Russia/China plan geared towards lessening tensions on the Korean peninsula. In short, they said NO to major attempts by two regional powers to bring Peace.
- The US warned Assad of using chemical weapon, threatening ‘a heavy price to pay’ if they are disobeyed. This comes hot on the heels of the last ‘chemical weapons attack’ allegedly committed by Assad, yet never proven and the sole source of the incident comes from that most reliable of sources, Al -Qaeda.
- The US sent a bomber to fly over disputed Chinese islands in the South China Sea. Antagonism of a regional power.
- The US delivered, via its favourite puppet, Donald Trump, a message to Poland of the dangers of Russia.
- The US threatened North Korea with ‘severe’ consequences.
- The US threatened and condemned North Korea as a country who ‘does not want to be part of a peaceful world’. So we will bomb them…Because we are the leaders of the peaceful world.
- The US declared that it will protect Poland from Russian Iskander missiles by deploying Patriot silos.
- The US promised to secure Poland’s ‘energy independence from Russia’ by supplying them with US LNG. How they propose to manage this remains to be seen.
- The US sent a Polish fighter jet to bother Russian Defence Minister’s civilian flight in international airspace over the Baltic sea. A flight long announced, long scheduled.
- The US sent a guided missile destroyer to threaten China in the South China Sea.
- The US withdrew from the Paris climate agreement.
- The US attacked China for trading with North Korea.
- The US accused China of ‘trade rape’
(most of the above was taken from The Saker – Credit where credit is due, the main author running the show in that bountiful virtual niche is a tireless crusader in the good fight. I strongly urge everyone to visit, learn, contribute. Whilst I rarely enjoy any leaning towards religious elements, I understand they are important, and yet will gladly, eagerly point to the immensely valuable military and political analyses which I am yet to find as consistently logical and knowledgable anywhere else on the web)
It is no wonder, when you peek at the list I shared, which serves as a very small snapshot of recent US efforts on the world scene, to find Trump seeming a lonely goon at the G20 summit. He had no reverence, no respect, no standing. And he knew it. Yet I cannot feel too sorry for a corporate slut masquerading as a Leader. In fact I do not feel sorry at all, the only pity I harbour is for those who still cling to this long proven ridiculous idea of a US President holding any real, meaningful power.
As for the links, the news offerings, what do you see? Other than a bully, a menace, an out of control rogue state which seems to believe it is above the world? Brimming always with threats, with condemnations, with demand to buy more weapons, to wage more war. Even those who buy into the punch and judy show of US political figurines, must see that their painted marionettes, if they are at large, other than on social media, are nasty, deceitful, war-mongering swine.